Nutrition is important at different stages of life.
You have to take account of the food you eat, both before conception and during the same, as this determines the outcome of pregnancy for both you and your baby.
Nutritional problems you have before conception are risk factors for development of some complications for both mother and infant, so if you want to enter a stage of pregnancy, you previously made an assessment of your status health and if necessary, you can modify your habits to keep you in optimum conditions for conception.
These are some recommendations general diet for pregnancy:
- In the opening days (17 and 56 days after conception) the total supply is important in the development of the baby, but most of us do not know that we are pregnant until after this period, which is why the diet should be optimal preconception.You eat from all food groups at each meal (breakfast, lunch and dinner), you should include fruits, vegetables, grains, legumes or tubers, and animal products, fats in moderate amounts (preferably of vegetable origin) and sugars.
- The increase in energy requirements should be calculated taking into consideration: (a) For Pregnancy: Your age, how long you are pregnant, your current weight, the rate of weight gain during pregnancy and physical activity. (b) Nursing: Your current weight, expected weight for time after your birth, your physical activity, age and milk production.
- The World Health Organization (WHO) recommends increased during pregnancy 150 calories during the first quarter and 300 to 350 calories a day coming quarters. And for breastfeeding, increasing 500 calories for the time you nurse.
- The percentage distribution of macro nutrients is Protein: 10 to 15. Fats: less than 25 and Carbohydrates: 60 to 65. These percentages are considered for a normal diet.
- If you are pregnant or nursing young, or intense physical activity, calculate your needs should consider these variables.
You have to consider a Balanced diet since the beginning of your pregnancy is decisive for the favorable outcome of it.